*~Welcome 2 my Blog~*

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

*~Teen Camp 2011 Part 1~*

Well once again I got to go back to teen camp to be a dishwasher it was awesome once again. This year my help was Alyssa (Atwater) and Andrew. Justin filled in for Andrew on Thursday after Andrew left. I had an absolute blast working with both of them.Thank you guys for all your help! :)... In fact this year I actually found a song that fit while we were working. The song is I'll fly away which I changed to "I'll dry a tray oh glory, I'll dry a tray when I'm done I will go sit and relax, I'll dry a tray". Once Alyssa heard me singing it she added her part to it; which was "I'll rinse a  tray oh glory, I'll rinse a tray when I'm done I will go watch the guys play football, I'll rinse a tray". You can imagine the fun that we had while we were working lol. We tried making up other songs, but this one seemed to fit best. Being a dishwasher is so much fun even though there is a lot of trays to wash you can still have a LOT of fun while you are washing and drying them. I can't wait till next year to go back :). Next year Lord willing I am going to try and do both camps.

This year they put up a sign around the liar's fire that said "Only truth is spoken here".. ha ha like anybody believes that. I climbed Donkey Rock again this year, and it was my fourth year, and I had a lot of fun. I got a few battle scars from climbing up on the rocks. The view once you get to the top is absolutely gorgeous. This year there was a lot of snow for this time of year, so it made things really look pretty. I am glad that I was able to make it up the climb again this year.

The camp speaker this year for teen camp was Bro. Joel Booker. He really did a tremendous job! From what I heard from the services you could totally feel the move of the Holy Ghost when he was preaching. This year we had quite a few receive the Holy Ghost, and almost all the campers got a renewing. Thank you Jesus!

Well I could go on about camp, but I will stop here, and let you enjoy the pictures. :) I have a lot of pictures, so I am going to break them up into different posts.

We saw four cows cross the road this year on the way up
 The view on the way up
 Sitting on the dock
The Girls Line
The Boys Line
Leah and Eliana serving drinks at dinner
Hannah serving at dinner
The theme of Teen Camp 2011
The Liar's fire
The sign at the liar's fire. lol
The beautiful waterfall..
Alyssa rinsing the trays
Andrew drying the trays
Choir Practice
Eliana and I :)
Caitlyn and I ~ Sisters! :)
Chloee and I
Alyssa and I
Serving Iced Mocha's after church
Caitlyn and Chloee
Hannah and Eliana
 The view of Donkey Rock from the kitchen dock
 The boys playing basketball
The spectators
 Eliana and Leah decided to help out the guys until...
 Nick came up, and said "This is the guys job!" lol

2 comments:

  1. Hanna told me about all the fun you guys had! I have to admit I'm a bit jealous ;)
    Hope to see you SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anali!

    Yes we did have a lot of fun! I wish you could have been there 2 it would have been even better. :). YES!!! I hope that I get to see you SOON to it's been forever!!! Love ya and miss ya lots! Good to hear from you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always enjoy hearing from you :)